Join the Center Today!
Click Here to apply for membership: Membership Application PDF
Membership Year: January 1st through December 31st
Community Residents pay $32 for single Center Membership and $38 for a couple (two seniors 62+ living at the same address) Residents of 1000 Southern Artery are automatically enrolled as Center Members with no annual fee.
Center Members And Residents:
Center Members along with Residents are welcome to participate in all that the CENTER offers:
- Receive our monthly newsletter, “The Fountain”
- Have access to countless classes and amenities within the property
- Enjoy vacations and day trips with our great community
- Breakfast, lunch or dinner in our Dining Room open Monday – Friday (Closed on Holidays). All meals are served ala carte. Click Here to View this Week’s Menu.
- Classes such as exercise, creative writing, line dancing, yoga, Qi Gong, knitting and crocheting, drawing, ceramics (we have our own kiln), creative stitchery, watercolor painting, bead classes, and four levels of computer classes (a computer classroom with 8 computers). Click Here to view our regularly scheduled weekly classes and activities.
- Birthday Celebrations … A monthly birthday dinner honors those celebrating birthdays. All Center Members and Residents are welcome. Entertainment follows.
- Entertaining programs and shows at no cost in our 450-seat Auditorium.
- Click here to view our Events Calendar.
- Community area lounge rooms with pianos and flat-screen televisions.
- Colonial Federal Savings Bank branch on our property… open Monday – Friday in the East Wing from 9:00 A.M. to Noon.
- Artery Grocery …shopping, Lottery & Keno is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. and Saturday & Sunday from 8:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.
- Beauty Shop is open Tuesday – Friday.
- Billiards room and indoor shuffleboard table.
- Chapel or utilize our bus service to attend local churches.
- Weekly grocery shopping at Stop ‘n Shop, and Roche Bros on buses provided by the supermarkets.
- Green House.
- Bingo, Horseshoes, Shuffleboard, and a bowling league.
The CENTER organizes day trips every month. Tours included visiting attractions of interest from the Boston Pops to Foxwoods. Overnight trips include vacations to Vermont, Boothbay Harbor, Atlantic City, Saratoga, the Grand Canyon, Prince Edward Island, Pasadena, Nashville, and San Antonio. Click Here for Information of Special Day Trips and Vacations.
The CENTER has a terrific volunteer organization with many volunteers joining in and participating to help make all the programs operate successfully.
At the 1000 Southern Artery Senior Center we believe retirement is the beginning of a new time in our lives. Join today and enjoy all that the CENTER has to offer!